The baby and adult CPR instructions in the above links are only a reference on how to perform CPR. They are not intended to be your only guide. Everybody should be properly trained for CPR by qualified instructors. The agencies and organizations listed below can assist you in finding a class:
- American Heart Association:
Arizona: (602) 414-5330
- American Red Cross, Central Arizona Chapter:
Arizona: (602) 336-6661;
- Baggott Medical Service:
Arizona: (602) 846-5080.
- National Safety Council, Arizona Chapter:
Arizona: (602) 263-9565;
The following is a list of some of the places where CPR training is available in the valley. Most costs include instruction books. Classes fill up quickly; so call to book a time at least two weeks in advance:
- Apache Junction Fire District: Classes held once a month. Costs start at $35. Info: (480) 982-4440, Ext. 221.
- Banner Desert Medical Center: Infant and child CPR classes offered. Costs start at $20. Info: (602) 230-CARE (2273).
- Tempe Fire Department: Various classes offered. Costs start at $35. Info (602) 201-0515.
- American Red Cross: Wide schedule of classes offered, will come to businesses. Costs start at $20.
- Rural Metro Fire Department: Offers classes several times per month. Costs start at $35 Info: Call Mark at 480-540-8802.
- For more listings visit http://www.preventdrownings.org/drowning/learn-cpr/.