The Maricopa Fire Department is calling a 2-year-old girl lucky to be alive after being found floating in a dirty pool.
It happened about 6 p.m. Wednesday. The family says the girl only spent about two minutes underwater until she was pulled out.
When paramedics arrived, the girl was alert, conscious, and breathing. She was taken to Phoenix Children's Hospital for observation, and is listed in stable condition.
Fire crews say the pool was dirty, which can lead to long-term complications due to bacteria in the water. People who are submerged in a dirty pool are at greater risk of an infection of the lung.
There was no barrier around the pool.
Reproduced with permission from:
©Copyright 2009 MyFoxPhoenix.com
Facts & Figures || Safety Tips || High Risk Profile
Current Stories & Events || Sponsors & Contributors
Children's Safety Zone|
Babysitting Safety || Fire Safety Index
Christmas Safety || Halloween Safety || Using 911