Children's Safety Zone Banner

Current Stories & Events

Current Stories Index


February 28, 2001

A 22-month-old boy fell into a backyard swimming pool Tuesday evening after he slipped out of his Ahwatukee Foothills home through a door with a faulty lock.

A Phoenix Fire Department dispatcher instructed one of the boy's parents on how to do CPR, and the child was breathing when firefighters arrived shortly before 6:30 p.m. at the home in the 3700 block of East Salinas Court, said Battalion Chief Gary Mager.

He was transported to a Phoenix hospital.

He got out of the home through French doors that did not completely latch shut. The boy's parents were in the process of having the lock fixed, Mager said. The pool did not have a fence.

Reproduced with permission from:
The Arizona Republic
Byline: Arizona Republic
©Copyright 2001 Arizona Republic

Current Stories Index

Facts & Figures || Safety Tips || High Risk Profile
Current Stories & Events || Sponsors & Contributors
Children's Safety Zone
Babysitting Safety || Fire Safety Index
Christmas Safety || Halloween Safety || Using 911

Home Page || Contact Us
©Copyright 2001 Swift Office Solutions, Inc.