A 7-month-old boy was taken to the hospital Sunday after a fire official says he was briefly submerged in a child's plastic play pool.
A Chandler Fire Department spokesman said the boy was awake but groggy by the time firefighters arrived. The boy was taken to a Valley hospital and is expected to survive, the spokesman said.
Firefighters were called about 12:45 p.m. to the 1300 block of North Laveen Drive, northeast of McClintock Drive and Ray Road.
"This is our reminder that kids drown in all kinds of bodies of water," said Battalion Chief Dan Couch, the spokesman.
Reproduced with permission from:
The Arizona Republic
Elias C. Arnold
©Copyright 2008 Arizona Republic
Facts & Figures || Safety Tips || High Risk Profile
Current Stories & Events || Sponsors & Contributors
Children's Safety Zone|
Babysitting Safety || Fire Safety Index
Christmas Safety || Halloween Safety || Using 911