A l-year-old boy who fell into a bucket of cleaning solution and water has died at a Mesa hospital.
Eber Ponce died Monday afternoon at Desert Samaritan Hospital shortly after he was taken off life support, Fire Battalion Chief Gil Damiani said.
Ponce's mother was showering in a nearby room when her son fell into the bucket, which contained perhaps 10 inches of liquid solution.
Mesa has had five drownings and 10 near drownings this year. Four drowning victims were 2 years old or younger.
Reproduced with permission from:
The Arizona Republic
©Copyright 1999 Arizona Republic
Facts & Figures || Safety Tips || High Risk Profile
Current Stories & Events || Sponsors & Contributors
Children's Safety Zone|
Babysitting Safety || Fire Safety Index
Christmas Safety || Halloween Safety || Using 911