Nov 292010

A toddler nearly drowned at his home in Phoenix on Monday afternoon when he crawled out of his family home’s doggy door and into the pool.

The 18-month-old was coughing up water after making it into the pool at his home near Thunderbird Road and 40th Street about 2:30 p.m. He was taken to a local hospital in case he had water in his lungs, according to Deputy Frank Salomon with the Phoenix Fire Department.

“This happens a lot,” Salomon said. “Parents forget that (doggy doors) are an avenue for kids crawling around and they forget to properly secure the house.”

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.